Monday, March 9, 2009

Colposcopy & Biopsy

Wow I finally have a free minute to post another blog. Sorry it has been a while but things have been very busy around here lately.

I was suppose to go in last Monday for a Colposcopy because I had an abnormal pap smear but because of the snow we got my appointment got rescheduled for Wednesday. So I went in Wednesday and the nurse explained to me what would happen and told me that the doctor more than likely would not do a Biopsy because I'm pregnant and you tend to bleed more when you are pregnant. So I was laying on the table having the Colposcopy done and I was feeling a lot of pressure and cramps and then all of a sudden the doctor decided that he needs to do a Biopsy. With the Biopsy I felt even more cramps and pressure but I made it through, with Jeff and Eli holding my hand. I am so lucky to have the wonderful husband that I have because he helped me a whole lot for the two to three days after the procedure, besides when he was at work, with Eli because I was still cramping pretty bad, luckily I did not have any bleeding.

The doctor said that I will have to have another pap smear at 30 weeks and then one after I deliver the baby. He also said that if the results come back abnormal after that pap smear I will have to have the Colposcopy done again. I should get the results back some time this week and as soon as I get them back I will update you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment