Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some background information

Hi everyone! I'm Ashley, happily married to Jeff, and one proud Mommy to Eli and our miracle baby that we are expecting August 27, 2009. Jeff and I met in 2005 and starting dating December 22, 2005. We got married February 3, 2007 and then we had our big wedding August 18, 2007.

We tried to get pregnant and were unable to so we started going to different doctors to try to find out what was going on. We were told that the only way we would be able to get pregnant would be through Infertility treatments. At the time, we were not ready for that, I had some surgeries and then complications from the surgeries. I saw a write up on the front page of the local newspaper, in September 2007, begging for "Forever Families" for the children in DSS custody so I called Jeff and ask him to think about it and let me know if we could adopt. Without hesitation he told me to call and get more information about it. I called and they sent us an information package with an application. We read over everything and started filling out the application when I started having more complications, so we put the adoption process on hold for a little while. Then in November 2007 there was another article on the front page. So I called Jeff again and ask him if we could continue the adoption process. Again, he said yes! So I called DSS and ask if we could use the same application and they said they we couldn't but they sent us another application.

Coming up next, the roller coaster ride of adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment